Monday, August 23, 2010








The Illinois State Fair was this weekend. Nearly 100 llamas strutted their stuff at the State Fair.
My "peeps" were there showing off some of those fabulous llamas they bought from me -- and others as well.
It COULD have been a great weekend of showing off llamas, networking with other owners, meeting the general public -- but my weekend was spoiled by a thief. Someone stole my Mickey Mouse fanny pack while we were gloriously shampooing my llamas.
It had my cell phone, numerous credit cards -- and over $360 in cash that I had brought to pay another owner for some llama dolls she made for me. It made it necessary for me to leave the venue and drive back home to cancel cards, get a new phone, the whole deal.
I was pretty shaken on Friday night.
But my friends handed me some cash to get home -- and took over the showing of my animals, several of which got ribbons.
Why are there people who do evil acts? Thank God for those who step up to the plate to help a friend.
In the pix: Pat Girolamo, our show mentor, looks at Joao (Howie) and Don Tomas, two llama brothers that she sold to Denise Hollinshed; Becca hangs with London and Paris as Paris kushes on the cooler concrete floor; a family stops to get a photo with Don Tomas and Pat; Becca gets a kiss from Punxsutawney.
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for the kindness of friends. I am expecting "explosive blessings" to come my way after several years of gloom and doom.


No comments:

Post a Comment