Friday, July 15, 2011

Amanda -- In memoriam















































The list is long. The list of the the accomplishments of one "Pale Moon's Amanda" both on and off of our farm.



There isn't much this girl hasn't accomplished. She's been to schools and nursing homes. She's proudly marched in parades. She won awards and certificates from the International Lama Registry for her "public relations" work. She was the llama that the man who wrote, "I Don't Want to Kiss a Llama" -- actually kissed.



She has been a treasure on our farm for all of the 15 plus years that we owned her. She was our most expensive llama purchase. And worth every cent.



There will never be another like her. Never.



She crossed over the Rainbow Bridge yesterday at age 21 years old.



The unabashed wailing (from me) in the barn when I discovered her lying peacefully in front of a fan, shocked even the boy herd. It echoed from metal wall to ceiling and back around again -- as I stood in the middle of the barn and sobbed mournfully, cried, yelled at the heavens. I knew it was coming. I knew she was on her way to the Rainbow Bridge. I sensed it.



I can only hope for the joyful reunion between she and I when I enter the Pearly gates. My heaven must have llamas.













No comments:

Post a Comment