Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Why "3 Sisters' Workshops?"


























When I was 61 years old I learned how to spin fiber into yarn, thanks to Tammy D.


I learned how to make hats on the "knifty knitter" loom shortly after that, thanks to Amanda.


I took a class at Hillcreek Fiber Studio and learned how to weave on a tri-loom, thanks to Carol Leigh.


I can't believe it myself. If anyone would have told me about the road I would travel to learn these things -- I would have laughed. And laughed. And laughed.


"Me?" I would have said, "making hats? Weaving shawls? No way."


I make hats every week now. I love it. I made a lovely little blue hat for our newest grandbaby -- Lincoln Benjamin. My son and daughter-in-law used the picture of him in the hat for their birth announcements. You can't make a grammy much happier than that!


I get so much enjoyment from spinning, too. I have gone from an Ashford Traditional wheel, Ashford Travellor, Hitchhiker, and now my love affair with the Louet wheel brings me full circle.


Before I left for work this morning I did some Navajo plying on my wheel. What? Me? Yes, me.


I am so excited about these new abilities. It's all part of what I call "life long learning."


It's what we're trying to do, Tammy, Amanda and I -- with "3 Sisters' Workshops." We want to share the knowledge of how to spin, weave, process fleece, cart with llamas, pack with llamas, dye yarn, felt -- all of it. We are (as our logo boasts) "Doin' what we love and lovin' what we do!"


Check out the opportunities at www.3sistersworkshop.com

Come join us at my house. Bring a dish to share for lunch. Learn something new. And then take that skill into your life. Who knows where it will lead!










1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie,

    We're looking for fiber artists to give demonstrations at our Farm Day in September. Would the '3 Sisters' be interested?

    ReplyDelete