Saturday, March 13, 2010

Hats, hats and more hats
















Okay. The addiction is complete. 'manda told me about the Knifty Knitter hat loom at JoAnn's Fabrics. I USED to knit -- about 32 years ago -- but it's been a VERY long time.

So off to JoAnn's I go -- and now I'm working on hat number eleven! I LOVE it. All of the hats I've made are 100% alpaca yarn -- except for the two newest that are lovely Easter colors -- and acrylic.
Our four youngest grandkids are sporting their hats in the photos. Brianna and Isabella are in the springtime hats. Drew is wearing "Magnolia" -- our alpaca. And Jack Dean has Jet Ravenwing and Maggie O'Brien (a black and a white alpaca from our farm).
Thank you to Amanda for spinning the Jet fiber; to Aubrey from the Chicago Art Institute for spinning Maggie O'Brien; to Laura Adams for spinning Magnolia.
Wow. Now I've purchased a scarf/blanket loom. So if you see me at a restaurant, doctor's office, sitting in the truck -- and I'm intently knitting -- you'll know that I'm having waaaaay too much fun! Aren't the hats cool?

1 comment: