Monday, July 6, 2009

Rescuing llamas

I am overcome with sadness when I look at the rescue llamas at my farm.
The group that came from the south include a 17-year-old female, whose halter was growing into her face. I'm pretty certain that she's pregnant. And she's at least 80 pounds underweight.

Then there's Icy Mae. She's very hesitant to trust any people at all. Who would blame her?

The two younger llamas are very thin. One has been feeling very sick for the past two days.

Then there's the boys. They are quiet, not trusting, wary of my comings and going in their "safe zone."

It will be a long, long time before they trust. These llamas make me think of people who have been harmed -- and then have difficulty trusting. Shame on those who caused this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment