Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New animals














I recently traded 314 pounds of fleece for some animals. The "trader" was generous with the animals that no longer fit into her breeding program, so I was delighted with two gorgeous suri female llamas -- Sumertime Santana and Silvia Rose. They are straight, correct llamas and look like show girls at the IL State Fair to me. I can't wait.

I also came across some wonderful alpacas -- both suri and huacaya. There's Amber, Bess and her boy Indie, Lucy (a part llama/part alpaca crossbred), and several others. It is really nice to add new bloodlines to my herd through trading. No money is involved -- and that is good for both of us.

The new animals are settling in nicely -- and they will soon be officially welcomed into the girl herd. They now can roam on 33 acres of pasture and are pretty happy about that. I saw them bouncing around a couple of evenings ago and the joy in their leaps was evident.

I'm a sucker for these wonderful camelids. I can't help myself.
















No comments:

Post a Comment